Friday, September 15, 2006

Construction Hell



We are in the process of having the front of our house renovated. I have come to the conclusion that I would rather live in a home that looks like a crack house than go through this intrusion again. The outside of the house was in desparate need of help as the previous owners neglected the cedar. A simple project of replacing the steps snowballed into a renovation that has placed me in "construction HELL". The guys doing the work are marvelous and Mr. Wonderful has taken to buying them lunch a couple time a week - I THINK THEY DON'T WANT TO FINISH BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT HERE!

The new front doors are in, the new transom is installed, most of the new windows are in (except the new bay window), the new garage doors are completed, and the new steps are near completion, also. They now have to begin the arduous task of bricking the front of the house while Mr. Wonderful and I disagree on the color of stucco that will grace our entrance. This will be followed by numerous trips to every lighting store this side of the Mason-Dixon line to find just the right lighting fixtures for the front entrance.

Suffice it to say, this has been a painful experience (I have shed you from the horrors that have brought us to this point of the project). I want to re-do the lower level of my home - I think I will make an appoinment with a contractor for 2020 - I should be over this by then!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

a fellow bilevel dweller!