Tuesday, February 20, 2007

One More Round

Well, Mr Wonderful is at it again. The contractors have been to the house - the work begins shortly. Our livingroom has (had) one whole wall (that contained our fireplace) that was brick from side to side, floor to ceiling. Personally, I thought it was nice - Mr. Wonderful disagreed.

They are ripping down the entire wall of brick - rebuilding the firebox, building a new fireplace, AND replacing the chimney THAT WAS NEVER "TIED IN" TO THE HOUSE. - So much for my fancy engineers who checked out the house prior to us purchasing it.

Can you even imagine the mess??? Mr. W. keeps telling me it will all be worth it - I'll let you know.

He realized how upset I was with this whole mess pending so, as a surprise, he had the hideous brass and glass railings and banisters replaced with beautiful oak railings with while spindles. I must admit, that made me smile - for a while anyway. I remember when jewelry used to make me smile....

I am choosing not to deal with this project (although we did agree on the new stone face for the fireplace) - it is all HIS baby. I will keep you posted.

1 comment: