Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Comfort

Had the opportunity to visit with some cousins this past weekend. Don't see them often enough... It didn't seem to matter. I guess when you share the same roots, the time between visits vanishes.

It was so nice to watch the next generation as they reached another milestone in their lives - reminiscent of our own "firsts".

It was comforting to be with people who share my history (and gene pool!). There were no airs - just good food, drink, and laughs. Hmmm, that sounds familiar... I was hoping to pass this on to my kids... I think I did!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Dude! If you find this family comforting, you should drink more! I'd believe disturbing is a much more acurate description :)

Anonymous said...

As always, it was fun getting together. Disturbing?? Disturbing is trying to figure out which rabbit has to schtoop which rabbit to get which color fur!!!

Matriarch said...

I love all of you - you always bring smiles and laughs to my day!

Anonymous said...

I find this family and our time together comforting too!