Monday, November 01, 2010

OUCH!!!

What a beautiful Fall weekend!! I had a long list of errands/chores to accomplish and I started very early Saturday morning (while Mr. W. slept).

Breakfast with old friend - DONE

Manicure - DONE

Food Shopping - DONE

Time to wake up Sleeping Beauty (aka Mr. W).

Laundry - Started

Wake up Sleeping Beauty again (not so much Mr. W by this time)

Laundry - Finished

And we (Mr. W and I) are off to do some shopping. Having a wonderful time shopping when all of a sudden - my right ankle gives out!! OH NO!! Of course he wants to call an ambulance - of course I am yelling I AM FINE - GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!

So Saturday night and all day Sunday I sat in my recliner, foot elevated and ice pack firmly in place. No, I did not go for an X-Ray. No, I do not think I broke anything. I am SO prone to spraining my ankles that I have an air cast on hand "just in case"!!

So here I am today, in my office, at my desk, foot in an air cast, elevated on the garbage pail. I have taken my share of Advil for the day. It is better today....

I am just wondering how I am going to put on my high heels Friday night.... My little cousin is getting married and I am NOT sitting in a chair for 6 hours... I will be on the dance floor AND icing my ankle from the "inside out".... starting with the cocktail hour!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm also prone to spraining my ankles, particularly the right one. I think I hurt it once and it didn't heal right. I love the idea of icing it from the inside out. I think I feel a bruise coming on right now that needs to be iced, lol!

Angela said...

Dec. 1, 2010 - Follow-up to my foot injury - 2 broken bones - STILL in a boot and will be for yet another 3 weeks..... just sayin'....