Wednesday, March 09, 2011

quick update

Contractors have finally begun the reconstruction process (it's been 2 months since the fire). Will post before and after pix when it is complete.

I have come to realize that Mr. Wonderful and I can exist with just a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom - AND we are sharing that bedroom with 2 cats and 4 dogs most of the time. This is actually good news.... I had been worried about scaling down to a smaller house when I retire. Apparently, a 3 room apartment will more than suffice!!

All the kids have been busy on their own private quests:
Allison is getting her restaurant in tip top shape
Bobby is working hard and saving money
Michelle is waiting to hear about the mortgage they applied for
Little Michael is attempting to figure out his next step
Tricia is busy raising my beautiful granddaughters

As Robert Frost so profoundly said, "In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: IT GOES ON"...

No comments: