Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter? Already??

It is mind boggling to me that Easter is upon us - Wasn't it just Christmas??? I guess having the house in disarray for so long has just interfered with my internal calendar!

Clearly, my house is not ready for entertaining, so my mother has graciously offered to take the family out to dinner on Easter Sunday. I wonder if the restaurant staff is ready for our family?

Are they going to be amenable to each one of us venturing into the kitchen and lifting the pot lids? Will they let us drink our "before dinner" cocktails in the kitchen while we nibble on little goodies that the chef leaves on the counter? Do you think they will mind if we ask questions such as, "Is that fresh oregano or dried?" "Did you slice the garlic or use the microplane?" .... inquiring minds want to know.

Secretly, I hope we are all restricted to the diningroom! I would hate it if everyone preferred going out to dinner in a restaurant rather than mulling around my house from morning to evening on any given holiday!

I had better start working on the menu for Mother's Day!@!@#!%@#^%

1 comment:

Matriarch said...

Relax and enjoy the day. Of course the food won't be as good as yours and you have my permission to be secretly happy.

Happy Easter to you and yours.