Friday, September 26, 2014

Empty Nest

It has taken nearly 37 years, but we now have an empty nest (that is, if you don't count the "four-footed kids").

Allison was the last one to leave.  Even though I hardly saw her as we worked opposite ends of the clock, I always knew she was there.  She did see her Dad everyday, though.  I thknk he misses her more than I do...

I understand some couples fear the empty nest - but I really don't understand why.  Having all the kids out means that they are all settled and stable.  As a bonus, they all seem relatively happy, too (most of the time!).

I often said that we should sell when the last kid moves out as we do not need such a big house, but I can't see us going anywhere soon.  We seem to have 'stuff' in every corner of  the house.  It will take years to toss out all the hidden treasures, as Mr. W never find a reason to throw away ANYTHING.  For now, we will stay put and just enjoy all the space.

I am so grateful to be marrried to my best friend.  How awesome is it to come home every afternoon to the one person who loves me more than anything?  We love our kids and there is nothing we would not do for them - but, for now, it is so sweet just to celebrate "our time".

No comments: