Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Bucket List

The Prince and I were watching TV the other night when a woman talked about her "Bucket List".   The mere mention of this list pushed my brain to the limits! 

Whereas I am certainly in the "last half" of my life, I have never given much thought to making a Bucket List.  I have heard many people talk about travel and exciting adventures.  I've even heard them talk about death-defying activities (i.e. skydiving!).  I can honestly say that I could die  peacefully without having experienced any of those things.

Not sure I have an actual list - but I know there were always things I wanted to experience in my life:  

I wanted to be in love - and I've been graced with the opportunity to have that TWICE.   My son said it best: "How lucky are you to have been blessed with 2 wonderful men in your life?"

I wanted to be a mom -  I am a mom, a step-mom, a 'second' mom, a mother-in-law and a grandmother!  I savor every moment - all the pride and joy along with the trials and tribulations.

I wanted to be happy - the day I realized that happiness was a choice was a true turn around for me.  Happiness IS a choice for EVERYONE and I choose it everyday.  I am sure there is a long list of things that are not 'perfect' in my life, but, thankfully I can't really think of any at the moment.  I can, however, make an unending list of all that is good in my life!

I am thinking I have achieved my "bucket list".  I am grateful that I recognize all that is good in my life and I never take a day of it for granted.    




1 comment:

Rose C said...

Beautifully said!