Monday, December 18, 2017

Our Christmas Letter

We have received a few Christmas letters lately and that made me think about what we would write should the need arise: 

January:  
I turned 60 - I never paid much attention to age, but it is a milestone, nonetheless.   The Prince and I went to Florida for a quick get-away.  We spent 10 days together, day and night and we STILL wanted to be together after that!
Happy Birthday: Brianne, Courtney, Dennis, Christian, Lisa, Michael

February:
The Prince and I became officially "engaged".  He surprised me with a pez dispenser and a ring for Valentine's Day.  Yes, "we are one", as he has proclaimed many times.  Two days later, we sat in the waiting room of a hospital anticipating Jamie's birth - "our" first grandchild.
Happy Birthday: Jamie 

March:
Serious renovations continue on the house.  The family room, bathroom and dining room have all been "made-over".  We are now moving the show upstairs!  We have been busy shopping for the Master Suite Project.  

April:
We shared a hospital room for a couple days - Well, he had the bed, I had the chair - but he beat pneumonia in record time!  And the Master Suite is complete!
Happy Birthday: Samantha and Allison

May:
Put my house on the market.  Sold my house.  Short story and a happy ending.

June:
The family grows by another 2 feet!  We welcome Colette!!  We celebrated the Prince's birthday - YES, EVERY YEAR is a milestone!
Happy Birthday: Bobby, Colette, James

July & August:
The 8 weekends of unending "yard work" paid off!  Enjoyed our yard and pool - and was so happy to share the accommodations with our family.... 
Happy Birthday: Aidan, Gretchen, Napoli

September & October
Our renovations continued outdoors.  I earned my "union card" as the Prince taught me how to build decks and erect sheds.
Happy Birthday: Suse, Eve, Michelle

November:
Prepared for the holiday season by putting up "Our first Christmas tree" before Thanksgiving!
Happy Birthday: Brett, Ryan, Stephanie

December:
Looking forward to celebrating Christmas with our enormous family.  So grateful to count our blessings everyday.
Happy Birthday, Oliver!

It's a little boring, but it is OUR life - and WE LOVE IT!





No comments: