Friday, June 01, 2018

Old Dog, New Tricks?

It has been over a month since I resigned my position of 18 years.  I was a little apprehensive, at first.  Leaving the house by 7:00am was the norm for so long, I was worried that "having no where to go" each day was going to be a huge adjustment for this old lady!

Jump ahead a couple weeks:
Having my own business has been the most exhilarating experience EVER!  Being a self-motivated individual, there was NO chance of me giving less than 100% to this endeavor.  My body adjusted to the new lifestyle in about 10 minutes.

Before: Jump out of bed, shower and dress, feed dog, have coffee, kiss the Prince good-bye - battle traffic to get to my office.  Work 8 straight hours and battle traffic to get home.

Now:  Mosey out of bed, feed dog, have coffee, read the paper, have breakfast with the Prince and kiss him good-bye as I head back up the stairs to my office.  There is a shower at some point during the day.... and sometimes I put on real clothes rather than just clean pajamas!  There is nothing but serenity in my office - even while putting out fires.  There are no raised voices.  Around noon, I venture downstairs to have lunch with the Prince.  If the weather is nice, we even lay in the sun for a while before I head back to my little haven.  When I feel I am done for the day, I close my door and resume my life as a treasured fiancee'.

There have been some crazy changes in my life these past 3 years.  I had no idea where my life was headed.  I took more than one "leap of faith".  Someone is watching over me, because I seem to always wind up in a better place than I was before. 

I remain eternally grateful.


No comments: