Monday, May 11, 2020

Pandemic

So I've been officially in isolation for over 2 months.  (My quarantine started a little earlier than most due to knee surgery.)  

What I have learned these past 2 months:

  • I don't mind staying home.  I like my house.  
  • I am a social person - and I miss seeing people.
  • I am all about the hugs and kisses - I miss touching others and being touched.  
  • My brain can rationalize the situation and it works very hard to convince my heart to comply.
  • I am grateful that my kids and I have the gift of humor and can find something to laugh about in nearly every situation.
There are a lot of things that I could find to complain about.... but optimism is my gift.  These are not unbearable circumstances.  It will come to an end one day.  

Perhaps, everyone will come to realize how precious life is... something I learned many years ago.


No comments: