Monday, January 03, 2022

Learn to Hit the Curveballs

 A Message to my kids as I turn 65....


I met your dad when I was 19 years old.  I was so sure he was "the one", so making a lifetime commitment was not hard at all.  


I always said that he was the dreamer and I was the realist.   In reality, I think I was a bit of a dreamer too. We had our ups and downs, trials and tribulations  - but there was never a doubt about the love we shared.  In my mind, we were going to grow old together and enjoy our "senior years" spoiling grandchildren.


Then life threw me a curveball... In order to stay in the game, I had to learn to keep my eye on that ball and hit it out of the park.  I refused to sit on the sidelines and let life pass me by....


Life is short - live your best life everyday.

No comments: