Saturday, March 03, 2007

Fireplace - Part One A

I never thought I would bore you with the details of this project - but is has become a facinating adventure! They finally began the erection of my new chimney - (sounds erotic - doesn't look it!) - only to have all progress halted by the heavens opening up to release the most rain we have seen since Noah had to built an Ark!

Mr. Wonderful made we sure were securely wrapped in plastic - 4 layers, I think - just to keep out the elements. We are back to being the "low-class-white trash-neighbors!"

I am happy to say, the erection has resumed today. They are hoping to complete the firebox and the balance of the chimney before dark.

Mr. W. and I are venturing out to pick out new fireplace doors today - the actually firplace is being built during the week (note to reader - you ERECT a chimney, you BUILD a fireplace).

I do have confidence that this will be complete by next weekend - but then again, I had confidence that I would have lost the last of my pregnancy weight by now, too (the Baby will be 22 in June!).... Did I mention that I joined Weight Watcher's this week???

No comments: