Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Mother's Dilemma

I've been holding my breath for 2 weeks. My youngest son has aspirations of joining the ranks of the NYPD. He promised to finish his education prior to pursuing his quest and he graduated in May. He actively proceeded with the process to be included in the July class at the academy.

For those of my readers who do not follow New York news, I give you the following. As we speak, they are laying a NYPD officer (23 yrs. old) to rest. He was shot in the face during a routine traffic stop.

Now, please undertand. Just like all other mothers out there, I want my child to be happy. I REALLY want my child to be happy. But, I want to see him live a good long life, too.

As luck would have it (or is it God's intervention?), he did not get all paperwork cleared in time for the July class. He is on hold for January 2008. Is it wrong of me to jump up and down and shout "YIPPEE" and hope he finds another 'calling' in the next 6 months?

No comments: