Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Cards

I love getting Christmas cards - especially when they contain pictures of kids! It is wonderful to watch my cousins' kids grow up in pictures!

I don't keep a "Christmas Card List" - you know the list - 'I didn't get one from them last year, so I don't have to send them one this year'. I have an address book that I started when we first got married. There are only 2 criteria to getting a card from me - your address must be in that book (which I update constantly) and you must be alive! It warms my heart to see the cousins' kids who got married (and are no longer eligible to be added to their parents' cards) are also sending me cards now. These little things are what keeps family connected.

I have been exchanging Christmas cards for 30 years with the parents of someone who was a friend of mine when we were teenagers! I love their card the best - I don't see them during the year, so I get to send them a hand written note of some of the best highlights of each year. I always look forward to getting their card and reading the warm response they always have after receiving mine. THIS IS WHAT HOLIDAYS ARE ALL ABOUT!

I don't care how much postage increases, this is one tradition I will never give up.

No comments: