Wednesday, January 09, 2008

He's Still Packing

We leave Friday morning. I packed on Sunday - after the Giants game. It took a total of 15 minutes. Mr. Wonderful has been gathering items for a week and he still has not put one item in his suitcase. We do, however, have one of every OTC medication that CVS sells ready to go!!

Wendy (SIL) picked up Louie this evening. He was so happy to get into her car, until he realized that I was not getting in with him. He looked so sad as he leaned up against the passenger window looking at me as she drove away. I am sure he will have a good time. I packed his bed, his leash, 2 sweaters, his food, his dish, his favorite toys and a T-shirt of mine (that I slept in for a week) in order for him to be comfortable while he is away. It will be like sleep-away camp! .... Who's kidding who? ... HE'S GONNA BE MISERABLE! I am grateful that Wendy took him, as I did not want to board him in a kennel somewhere. We have had animals our entire married life - this is the first time I have ever had to "send one away for a week."

Back to Mr. Wonderful. I see he also has a supply of midnight snacks (3 musketeers and such). I am thinking that he will be foregoing some sleep on Thursday night in order to figure out how to fit some clothes in his suitcase after he puts in all the other crap! I love this guy, he is all mine... Airport transportation will be picking us all up Friday at 5:30am. I figure he should finish packing by 5:31!

1 comment:

Matriarch said...

That's what happens when you let a man pack for himself. I always do all the packing - even for the fishing/hunting trips. No matter what we will all be on the beach tomorrow!!!!