Monday, May 05, 2008

Tradition

Michelle's wedding is next Sunday. I am so grateful that my sweet daughter has kept me in the dark about all the "bumps" in the road that she encountered while planning this event. She has only shared with me the GOOD things.

I have her dress hanging in my house - the something "new". I am lending her the bracelet her father bought me this past Christmas - the something "borrowed". All that was left was the "old" and the "blue". Being the crafty genius that I am, I came up with the perfect solution. I took out my wedding gown which has been carefully preserved all these years (HA HA!) - unzipped the garment bag and cut off a piece of the dress. I wrote just a couple words to Michelle on it and signed my name. Out came the trusty sewing kit and there I was embroidering all the script with light blue thread. Today, I will sew this to the inside lining of her wedding dress - the something "old" and the something "blue". - I think I may have come up with a new family tradition.....

No comments: