Monday, July 28, 2008

The Longest Celebration

We started celebrating Mr. Wonderful's birthday very early this year. Michelle invited us over for a Sunday BBQ. I offered to bring homemade cole slaw and a chopped salad. I went to the store on Saturday in seach of a nice bowl to present my salad and later give to Michelle as a gift.

Saturday night and Sunday morning were filled with terrible thunder storms. Michelle called early Sunday to say she had no electricity. No problem, MOVE THE PARTY TO OUR HOUSE!

We had the best day. Michelle brought her goodies, I made some extra goodies and we ate, drank and laughed all afternoon - (Notice a pattern emerging whenever we are all together?) The two sons were up to their usual antics... those boys never cease to make me laugh. Those kids tease each other mercilessly, but the bond between them is so strong, so evident... Everyone pitched in to make the day go smoothly.

I told Michelle I bought the salad bowl for her - but she suggeseted I keep it until the next time we all gather at her house - then I can bring it to her!! [I REALLY like the bowl, she may NEVER get it now!!]

When we sang to Mr. Wonderful and waited for him to blow out the candles I was carefully studying his face. I know his wish had nothing to do with himself - it was all about his family. He is not a great conversationalist, he is quiet in a crowd - but when we are alone, I hear his heart speak in LOUD tones when it concerns our kids... I am blessed to have this man at my side.

Mr. W.'s birthday is next week. I am taking him on a short get-away to Atlantic City. He deserves it. He so enjoys having his kids around, but it will be nice to spend some time alone together.

No comments: