Monday, August 25, 2008

Key West

Our annual trip to Key West is this Friday. There have been so many twists and turns in planning this trip!

Now that the drama is over - I can tell you the story. First of all, where we stayed last year (and subsequently booked for this year) had a fire and became unavailable to us (in July). This news had Allison going crazy until she could find something else in our price range - she found us a mansion about an hour away from Key West Airport. It was on the water, with a swimming pool and a guest house. We thought it was perfect - we would work out the logistics of getting there AFTER the contract was signed, sealed and delivered!

When the owner of the mansion finally sent me the contracts - I faxed them back ASAP and awaited further instructions. I finally got a phone call on Wed. 8/20 saying that he had rented it out to someone else - YIKES!!!

Allison and I scoured the Internet and poured our hearts out to anyone who would listen. We finally got an owner to take pity on us and rent us the "Grand Marshall" and after a little haggling (begging),he offered us the place at a MUCH reduced rate. This place has 6 bedrooms, and 2 pools. It is ONE mile from the airport and 2 blocks off Duval Street.

I guess it is true - God never closes a door without opening a window!

I wonder how many bathing suits and PJ's I can pack in a backpack??

1 comment:

JClarke said...

In 3 more days we'll be enjoying drinks by the pool!!!