Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What makes a Holiday?

Sometimes we celebrate holidays on Holidays. Sometimes, we just celebrate for the hell of it!

Allison and my sister arrived the day before Palm Sunday. It has been ages since my brother, sister and I were together to celebrate a holiday. So, what did I do? I filled up the house with people and proclaimed it a Holiday, "Easter"! We also celebrated Allison's 30th Birthday, which was going to happen soon thereafter anyway.

Friday, after work, I did all the food shopping. Saturday was a cooking marathon and Sunday we feasted for hours. There was enough food and drink to keep 23 people "happy" for hours!! It was so nice to see everyone huddled together - We made quite a memory.

The actual Easter Sunday was observed in quite a different manner. Four of us ate a quiet dinner and relaxed in front of the TV.

1 comment:

Matriarch said...

Sometimes "quiet" is what the body and soul need!
Happy Spring!