Thursday, August 27, 2009

CELEBRATE!!

It has been a while since I updated - but there was much to do and little time to get it all accomplished.

We hosted a birthday party for my son-in-law as he was reaching his 40th milestone. Allison flew up for the occasion - as no party is complete without her. As usual, the party began the moment Allison's feet hit the tarmac!

Allison arrived on Wednesday night and left the following Tuesday morning. In that short period we broke all land speed records in completing the following tasks:
a visit to Grandma who is still in rehab nursing those ankles, food and booze shopping for Sunday's festivities, food and booze shopping for "other than Sunday's activities", setting up the yard (per Allison, "I am glad I come up once a year to scrub your lawn furniture!"), intimate gathering of the kids on Friday, Saturday, and Monday, Cooking fest on Saturday, HUGE (40 people) party on Sunday, sleepovers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the last gathering of the kids on Monday (who all took off work except for Michael - he came by after work).

These kids clung to each other and laughed together for days. It was the sweetest time I can remember. The party on Sunday was just an excuse for them to get a "Vodka Ice Luge" to enhance their fun! I swear I had a permanent smile plastered on my face for days. Mr. Wonderful was just beaming. All those years of carpools, runny noses, sibling rivalry, cutting coupons, etc - it all paid off. THIS WAS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT.

6 comments:

Mama Llama said...

I am so happy for you!

Matriarch said...

Amen to that!!!!!

anonymous said...

ooffah

Heidi said...

How nice! This is why I hope to have more kids - the more, the merrier! :)

Anonymous said...

Keep making those memories.

Bird said...

I was with you in spirit.... as always!