Monday, October 05, 2009

Too Pretty

My father loved to take pictures of food. When there was a holiday, he always had his camera in hand - not to capture some amazing family moments - TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE FOOD ON THE TABLE!!! He appreciated good food - not that he was a big eater - he just liked the looks of good food!!

The older I get, the more I appreciate good looking food. I never serve anything out of a pot. Everything is always put on a pretty platter. We always drink wine out of the "good" glasses - who the hell I am saving them for??? We should enjoy these things. Should things get broken, at least we would have had used them! I remember when my mom moved (after 40 years), she carefully wrapped and boxed all her fine crystal and china. She fretted when she unpacked that certain pieces were broken. All I could think was, WE NEVER USED THIS STUFF AND NOW IT'S BROKEN!!

Enough of my ramblings. Below is a picture of a roast I made Saturday evening for dinner:

This is what it looked like just before I took it out of the oven.


This is what was leftover AFTER I filled the beautiful platter !!

For those inquiring minds: This is a boneless pork loin that I stuffed with bacon, spinach and carmelized onions. mmmmm - what a beautiful picture!

5 comments:

Matriarch said...

I guess Angela must also take after Uncle Louie! For proof, see the pictures of our vacation to the DR.

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering!

JClarke said...

It was absolutely delicious! We always have such an amazing time. :)

Angela said...

did you pound the pork loin out?

Angela said...

First I cut the loin to make a flat piece of meat - I cut it in a spiral of sorts - then I pounded it a little just to even it out a bit.