Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Storchevoy Sunday


I have long started this tradition of the kids knowing that Sunday dinner was always going to be at our house. I figured, if I wanted them to bring my future grandchildren, I better start planting the seed early.

I love our Sundays. It's like having a little holiday each week. There always seems to be something to celebrate - a birthday, a new haircut, a new pair of shoes - you get the idea. I feel that it is a parent's responsibility to instill the importance of family.

I am sure I can think of 100 things I would rather do on a Sunday other than cook a big meal.... well, maybe I can think of 50 things....10 things? Let's face it - there is NOTHING in this world I would rather do on a Sunday than cook a meal that will bring all my children together at my table.

Things have been somewhat difficult since the fire. I am proud to say that one Sunday, Allison hosted "Storchevoy Sunday" at her restaurant. And Michelle hosted it at her house one Sunday also. I am so happy that my kids also feel the need to see each other on Sundays!

No comments: