Monday, March 11, 2013

It takes a Village to raise a child

I am fortunate to have "old" friends - Friends of longevity.  Friends who have lasted through the test of time and miles.  We have been 'together' for so many years and shared so much of each others' lives.  We laughed together, cried together, celebrated together and mourned with each other.  More importantly, we clung together through the years just because we loved each other, not because we were bound together with a shared bloodline.

Although, as most friendships start by being brought together by our children, that was not the case with us.  We just found each other and throughout the years we've celebrated our kids' Sacraments, Proms,  Graduations, and Weddings.  

I was the first to become a grandma.  AHHH, the swelling in my heart when I just think back as my granddaughters were born.... God bless my friends who listened to me as I talked about my girls relentlessly!  Thank you to my dear friends who were there to share my granddaughters' milestones as well.

Let's jump ahead a couple years - it is my turn to share in their joy! We were so happy to be included in the excitement as our friends became grandparents.  As we celebrated the first birthday of their second granddaughter, I realized how fortunate we all were to have been able to walk the trail of life together all these years.

Her children are a part of me, just as mine are a part of her.... Her joys and sorrows bring smiles and tears to me, just as mine do to her.  Most important, their grandchildren will always be like grandchildren to us too.  When I count my blessings, rest assured these children are always included.



Brianna - 1 year

Olivia - 2 1/2 yrs
 

1 comment:

pookie said...

YOUR WORDS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.
I HAVEN'T READ YOUR BLOG IN A WHILE BUT TODAY I DID AND I'M GLAD I DID. LOVE YOU AND MAR SO MUCH!!!