Friday, March 01, 2013

"Newsworthy"

I have the local "Herald" delivered each week to my home.  When my kids were growing up, I would scour the local paper to see if my kids' pictures were in there.  Invariably, a couple times a year, there were shots of my kids.  It was bound to happen as they were involved in their schools, town sports and Scouting.  They loved seeing their name and photo in the paper.

When my father-in-law died, I remember so clearly sitting in his kitchen and staring at his refrigerator.  It was covered with newspaper clippings!  Some were even frayed and faded.  Grandpa had saved every picture, every article that mentioned their names.  He stared at that everyday - a constant reminder of how wonderful he thought his grandchildren were.

I find myself scouring the Herald each week looking for picture of my grandchildren.... Lo and behold!  This week's edition had a picture of my darling, Ava.  I guess I will start taping things to my fridge now.....

No comments: