Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Time and Tide wait for no one

Can't believe the Holidays are just around the corner.  It seems like it was just Memorial Day!   I guess it is true when they say, "the older you get, the faster the time goes" - or so it seems.

Time to look ahead...

With Halloween just a day away, I am reminded that we did not get any pumpkins this year - but I do have a bounty of Halloween candy to distribute.  I am sure I can find a use for the leftovers, if there are any.

Mr. W. will go through 6 weeks of radiation, starting in about a month.  We CAN do ANYTHING  for 6 weeks - this is not permanent!  Soon, with the help of God, this whole situation will just be a memory.

Time to plan the Thanksgiving menu - not sure why I try to "plan" it at all.  These kids ask for the same stuff year after year!!  I still think asking them what they want to eat is part of the holiday process, so I will indeed ask - and refer to last year's list!!

Our 36th Wedding Anniversary is December 3rd.  We will surely do something special..... like hold hands while we order some pizza to be delivered.  The older we get, the more we like to stay home.  I am grateful that my home is a safe haven for us both.

Just have to put up a tree and hang the stockings....

It really doesn't matter what is going on   -   Life goes on....

No comments: