Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Cure for Insomnia?

We had visitors at the house last week.  My sister came up from Florida and my mom came in from Guam (or some other God forsaken City in Eastern Long Island). 

It was so nice of the kids to stop by during the week to visit, too.  Allison took a few days off and even had a couple of her local friends visit, as well.  It was a cooking, eating, drinking party for several days. 

I am glad my mom and sis had such a nice vacation.  I went to work each morning, but left early each day - just to find the two of them still in their pj's when I got home!  Afterall, THEY were on vacation!

I think I discovered a cure for my insomnia while they were here.  After a long evening of good food and wine, I slept like a baby.  The next night was more food and assorted cocktails, I slept all night through.  Another night was more wine and lots of laughs.  I suffered my insomnia again when my guests headed home.  I guess having my sister around is a sure bet for a full night's sleep!

Looking forward to my mundane life this week.  Mr. Wonderful and I are very happy just being in our home together.  Sometimes, the serenity is just so soothing. 

No comments: