Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mother Nature's Magic?

So, our long awaited Spring has arrived.  Just like that, I am packing away my boots and scarves!  I am mentally preparing myself for what lies ahead.

I am making a mental note to wash the 4 curtains in my house ASAP  (my version of Spring cleaning).  I think I have to pack away the snowman that stands on my mantle, too.  He needs to catch up on his rest for next Winter!

Time to pack away the firplace utensils and the leftover firewood.  No more fires until next Winter!

Time to start planning the placement of my spring plantings.  I long to see some color on my property.  The brighter, the better.  It will be a solid 6 weeks before I can break any soil, but I like to plan and be prepared.  I like to changes things up each year both with colors and types of flowers.

Also time to thin out the wardrobe.  I guess it is time to move those hooded sweatshirts into another closet, as well.  Have to go dust off our bikes and fill those tires with air - I LOVE bike riding in the Spring - not too hot, not too cold.

Spring represents all things new.  Just like THAT (snap your fingers) we will all be in a better frame of mind as we prepare for all the good things that Spring has to offer.



No comments: