Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Spring is on the Horizon!

Well, it's been over a month since I've posted anything.  And, as they say, "no news is good news."  Whereas Mr. W's forward progression has come to a snail's pace, at least he is not moving backwards.  Sometimes, he gets frustrated with himself, but I always remind him how lucky we were and how awful this could have turned out.

Bobby and Suse have a new puppy, "Bailey", a happy-go-lucky yellow lab.  Thankfully, they live pretty close to us as it is Mr. W's job to visit her everyday and take her for a walk while they are working.  Being that he is the official "Dog Whisperer" in our family, this is something he does everyday with a smile.  It is good for him to have something to do rather than just go to the doctor.

I know I often sing the praises of all 4 seasons, but this Winter has been especially rough on everyone.  I am grateful that our snowblower is in tip-top shape and that Mike has been able to go out there and use it!

I am celebrating the coming of Spring with a great effort to give away, throw away, shred, etc. almost anything I can put my hands on these days.  When did we become such pack rats?  (and by "we", I mean "HE").  I keep telling him, "Make believe we are going to move.  If we are not taking it to our new house, let's throw it away NOW!"  It's a losing battle.  I have succumbed to going in his closet and hiding things in the garbage every other day - LOL!!   I am not sentimental when it comes to "stuff".  I have my memories, and photographs, and a few trinkets that commemorate special times, but other than that - I can easily toss the clutter.  It's a work in progress... a thankless job.

Just 2 more weeks until Spring arrives....
Mike will continue healing...
I will continue my de-cluttering...
Bailey will continue growing...
And Life goes on...

No comments: