Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Recharging all the batteries...

I just returned from a visit to Florida to see Allison and Lisa.  It was 5 days of bliss!  There was no agenda.  Most days were spent in pajamas and/or bathing suit.  

I went to bed when I was tired.  I slept as late (or as little) as I needed to .  I ate when I was hungry.  I had a cocktail whenever the mood required one.   I laid on the beach and relaxed by their pool.  I sat on their porch: sometimes engaged in lively conversation, sometimes quietly reading my book.  I saw the sunrise from my bedroom window each morning - and the sunset at the beach was simply breathtaking.

This was more like a retreat than a vacation.  My brain, my emotions, my body and soul all had time to rejuvenate.  Counting my blessings, once again.

No comments: