Monday, August 08, 2016

Grooving - Part 4

Being back in the dating game has been both scary and enlightening.   Dating at 59 is a lot different than dating at 19!!

At 19, I think I was looking for a potential husband and father to my future children.  Now, I am just looking for someone to love and who will love me.

I want someone who thinks I am wonderful and who I think is a "stand-up kinda guy".  I want someone who thnks that their fanily is important, because my family will always be inportant to me.  I need someone who does not sweat the small stuff - I've been through a crap load of big stuff and the little stuff will never use up any energy in my life.  I want a partner who is just as comfortable sitting on the couch watching TV as he is in a tuxedo dancing the night away.

I have decided to be up-front and honest with anyone I go out with.  The first phrase that flows from my mouth is, "If you are looking for a bed-partner, please look elsewhere,  I've never been intersted in casual sex".  I've yet to have a man walk away from the table after hearing this from me.  Not sure if they just didn't want me to think they were shallow or they saw it as a challenge!  In any case, my main concern has always been ME and how I feel.

If I decided that I might want to go on a second date with a guy, at some point I would say, "If you have to choose between me and someone else, please do not choose me."  I would then explain that I was in a class of my own.  I needed to find someone who was going to love me like I was accustomed to being loved!!

I don't think I was so "in charge" of my life at 19.   It is nice to be so confident now. I understand that I do not have to settle for anything less that I want and deserve.

I must admit, I am enjoying the ride..... 

No comments: