Friday, July 29, 2016

Sage Dating Advice to Mature Women

When my grandfather passed away, my grandmother wore black for a year and would not watch TV for an "acceptable" amount of time.  The thought of dating was simply 'off the table'.  Thankfully, things have evolved throughout the years.  The thought of being alone at age 58, for the rest of my life, was just so depressing.

As I have entered the "dating arena"  -  I have made many observations - both amongst the men that are out there and my fellow widows.  This is for my sister-widows:

1.  As my son told me, "Remember, YOU are the prize"!

2.  YOU are in charge of your life.  YOU make all the decisions.

3.. When in doubt, always remember, there is NO wrong answer.  YOU are judged by NO ONE!

After so many years of being a wife and mother, it was hard to switch roles and be "a woman" again. This was so incredibly intimidating  - but SO WORTH THE WORK!

I am the prize.  I am in charge.  



No comments: