Monday, January 23, 2017

Another First!

The Prince and I just returned from a vacation in Florida.  We booked this a while ago....quite early in our relationship, actually!  WHAT WAS I THINKING????

I'll tell you what I was thinking.....  I've met a wonderful man.  He is sweet and kind and treats me like a lady.  He makes me laugh and I look forward to seeing him every single day.  This man asked me to join him on a trip to Florida in January.... Of course I want to go!!  "Yes", I eagerly responded!  Only time would tell if this trip would actually come to fruition.  

Well, the trip did happen - and it was fabulous!  My daughter says the true test of  a relationship is going away and spending 24/7 together.  Well, we spent the last 9 days together - NON-STOP....  We were both a little sad when I had to go to work today.  

I am so grateful for this second chance at life.  Perhaps it is the history that we bring to the table, but we both seem to enjoy each and every day together.  We continue to make simple, but sweet memories.  Whether we are cleaning the house, doing the Sunday crossword or slow dancing in the kitchen, we manage to savor each moment and take nothing for granted.  

"Tomorrow" is promised to no one..... so grateful for our 'todays'.


No comments: