Monday, January 09, 2017

I'm how old???

I am 60.  There, I've said it out loud!  It's really not such a big deal, but I've had fun pretending it was.  Nearly all my friends have passed this benchmark already.  I took every opportunity to remind them how "young" I was and they all reveled in the fact that I have finally moved over to "the dark side".

This was not only a 'milestone' birthday, but a very special one indeed.  My kids had a "surprise" party for me on New Year's Day.  I thought we were getting together for brunch - and we did - but with balloons, a sash and a tiara!   Allison cooked up an amazing spread and the weather was just picture perfect.  Their thoughtful, generous gifts were second to the best birthday cards I have ever received.  Even my Prince presented me with the most perfect card!!

I thought the celebration was over until I arrived home after work on my birthday.  There were balloons on the lamppost and mailbox.  PC showered me with more gifts and yet ANOTHER perfect card (it's all about the card, ya know!)

Age is just a number - if you let it be so.  All I want to do is enjoy my life....everyday, and hope for another birthday.  

No comments: