This has been an interesting holiday season. Lots of ups and downs, laughter and tears. It was a joy to see my grandchildren squeal with delight as they opened their presents. It is always fun to be around my irreverent children as they find humor in every little thing (nothing is sacred or off limits). And my tears would flow at the most inopportune moments, for no conventional reason.
I can think of lots of things that were crappy in 2019, but I decided it is better to reflect on what was good:
- My newest granddaughter, Riley, arrived. She is a joy and helps heal my heart
- I bought a new car - one that I picked out ALONE
- I bought a house - MY HOME. It is a constant reminder that I am ok
- I realized how blessed I was to be able to rely on the strong faith of others to get me through some dark days
- I saw how old friends gathered around me when I needed them most... just to share a laugh
- I met some wonderful new neighbors that quickly became friends/extended family
- I have learned that I am a LOT stronger than I ever dreamt I could be
Although I can see my many blessing of this past year, I am very happy to put it all to rest and begin a new year with anticipation of the good things that await me. Yes, I am starting 2020 with hope and a smile.