Saturday, June 17, 2006

Guga at work

To those of you who do not know me too well, my newest (and proudest) name is Guga (Gu as in good, GA as in ga) . My first granddaughter, Ally, gave me that name - I think because I always referred to her as "Grandma's Good Girl" - I like Guga, it is unique. Even my son-in-law calls me Guga now.

I am now a Guga for a second time. Ally has to share me with her baby sister, Ava. When my daughter was pregnant with Ally, none of us knew if she was having a boy or girl. When she got pregnant with Ava - we all knew baby girl right from the start. This prompted a nursery right out of Hollywood (with Guga doing all the work, of course). I was only too happy to do it - EXCEPT, my daughter could not decide on the pattern for the material until 2 days before she went into the hospital - AND IT ALL HAD TO BE SPECIAL ORDERED!! Needless to say, Ava is safe at home, and Trish is back to her old self (mind you she was back in people clothes less than a week after giving birth - BOO, HISS!) - If I hear one more time, "When will the curtain, bumpers, dust ruffle be done???" Does this girl know that I work full time, then go to her house EVERYDAY after work to help out with feedings and bathtimes? Does she know that I have fed her father nothing but balogna sandwiches and pizza for 2 weeks now?? - I guess Guga's are supposed to get it all done, no matter what. I guess that insomnia thing can come in handy after all...

Thanks for listening - no one here cares!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you explained the Guga thing. I was thinking it was a Sicilian thing. The Turnip and I were spawned by a Neapolitan and were raised to look suspiciously at you island dwellers.

Angela said...

what! You haven't started making the christening gown yet?