Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Quiz

I found this list on the net somewhere and decided to use it for some inspiration for a blog entry. (Who's kidding who - I stole thie idea from a fellow blogger!)

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Hot chocolate, homemade - not the powdered kind - with mini marshmallows.

2. Turkey or Ham?
After the antipasto, pasta, salad and vegetables - who cares what the meat is?

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
There is a whole process that goes along with the picking out the real tree. No matter what the tree looks like when we get it home, Mr. Wonderful turns it into something that belongs in Rockefeller Center!

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
AVSOLUTELY. Although, I take no credit for this one - this is strictly Mr. Wonderful and the kids - or shall I say "kid" as there is only one left at home!

5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?
Did the sledding when the kids were young - but there is nothing like a good old fashioned snowball fight.

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Only if the definition of "dowtown" is my office in front of the computer! I do everything I possibly can online.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
"I'll be home for Christmas" - makes me cry EVERYTIME!

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Not a fan.

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
Anything before Thanksgiving is simply blasphemous.

10. Stockings before or after presents?
AFTER - these are the trinkets that are savored over breakfast.

11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Although I caroled as a kid, in my adult years, I have never seen any carolers in our neighborhoods.

12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
We used to do Christmas Eve at my house and Christmas Day at Grandma's - but since I became a Grandma - I do BOTH!

13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
No. But since the kids were little we acted it out with my nativity scene. Ally was able to do it all by herslef last year.

14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
I started a tradition about 3 years ago. We all sit in one room where there is a pile of unlabeled, wrapped gifts. We all pick a number and go in order - picking a wrapped gift. No. 1, No. 2, etc. When No. 2 opens their gift, they have a choice to keep it or swap with number one, etc. - when the last gift gets openend, the person who was No. 1 gets their choice of all the gifts. There is a lot of laughing and hiding of "good" gifts, bartering - (I always include a doll for Ally to trade for.) It's a nice way to bring everyone together for some comraderie and smiles. - THEN WE HAVE DESSERT!

15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
The REAL Christmas Tree.

16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Ice skating - Spectator, of course! Ally is dying to try it this year.

17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
Christmas Day.

18. Favorite Christmas memory?
It's always the same - Mr. Wonderful and I watching the kids' faces when they see all the presents under the tree.

19. Favorite Part about winter?
Being too cold to go outside - just having to stay home and build a fire.

20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
yes, yes, yes

No comments: