Sunday, December 31, 2006

A week to go

I am starting to make piles of clothes to pack for our trip. Mr. Wonderful and I are leaving next Saturday for a week long venture to Punta Cana with my cousins. My cousins and I have been trying for years to travel together and I am so happy to say that it is finally happening. Two milestones reached - our trip together and Guga will have turned 50 twelve hours before our deprature.

Whereas I thought I was going to be totally bummed out at being 50, I have decided to look at the brighter side of things. I remember when my parents turned 50 - they were so old!! NOT ME! I have acomplished so much in my life and I am welcoming whatever the future holds for me into open arms.

Top Ten List - in no particular order:

Married to a wonderful man for over 29 years.

Raised 5 GREAT kids - and proud of everyone of them.

Have the pleasure of loving two of the most adorable, loving, intelligent, talented granddaughters.

Have a fabulous job - I can honestly say I still "whistle" on my way to work everyday.

Live in a great house just 1/2 mile away from above mentioned granddaughters.

Earned my Bachelor's Degree exactly 20 years after attaining my Associate's Degree - all the while teaching my kids quite a lesson about determination and hard work.

I wake up every morning next to my BEST friend in the whole wide world - yes, it is Mr. Wonderful - he deserves 2 spots on this list

Whereas I have mourned the loss of many close realtives, I can remember them all with a smile and wonderful stories to share with my kids and grandchildren.

I am proud of myself for giving my children the roots they need and the wings to live life independently. They are never fearful to venture away from home, knowing that home is always only a phone call away.

I will ALWAYS continue to look at the brighter side of life - and try to continue to teach my children to do the same. My Dad always said, "Life is Good" and that has truly become my mantra.

...need to get back to my packing...

No comments: