Monday, December 04, 2006

"29 years and counting"

Mr. Wonderful and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary yesterday. I had Ally and Ava all day as Trish and Chip were in the city celebrating her birthday. I also invited GG (Great Grandma - my mom), her friend, and Wendy (my cohort). Other than missing the rest of my kids, it was a perfect day. I had to take Ally to a birthday party in the morning and I came home to a freshly vacuumed house and an empty dishwasher (thanks, Mr. Wonderful). The ease of the day just proved to me once more that I have truly married my soul mate. We have a definite rhythm, we are absolutely in sync.

There was only one glitch during the day - he disappeared downstairs for about a half hour and I couldn't understand why. As soon as the last guest left, he came to me and said - "Did you wonder where I was earlier?" and he handed me the tracking info from 1-800-Flowers. He ordered 2 dozen yellow roses (what my wedding bouquet consisted of) that were to be delivered to me with a note that read, "29 years and counting..." - After finally getting an operator on the phone, who he blasted for not delivering the flowers - she carefully reviewed his order which said: TO DELIVER DEC. 3, 2007!! He was SO disappointed, but I told him that having this story to tell was the perfect gift for me! - I asked him to cancel the flowers - he reminded me that he had plenty of time to do so - it's not like they were delivering them any time soon!

There are many blessings in my life - but for today I am most thankful for my Mr. Wonderful.

No comments: