Monday, November 27, 2006

And the Yuletide begins

With Thanksgiving safely behind us, I am now beginning to prepare for Christmas. Now that the children are grown, my Christmas shopping duties have dwindled quite a bit. Taking a tip from a fellow blogger, I will attempt to do most of my shopping via the internet (and a glass of wine).

I will begin my cookie baking marathon shortly - I'll even invite the neighbor's kids to help...Time to start some new traditions in my new house!

Allison and her friends arrive on Dec. 8 - my goal is to have the tree up and decorated by then. Considering we always get a real tree, this will be quite a fete! Decorating the outside of the house will be a snap as there are no bushes or trees to put lights on! Mr. Wonderful just has to decorate and hang the giant wreath and "voila" - DONE!

Unlike some other bloggers who have chosen to complete their Christmas 'chores' before Thanksgiving, I am going to thoroughly enjoy every aspect of Christmas this year and I am going to do it starting NOW!

Did I mention we are even going to sneak in a trip to Disney? Guga and Papa have decided we must be there to experience Ava's first trip (just as we were there for Ally's). We will meet the kids there right after Allison (and crew) leaves.

Oh yeah, I am really going to enjoy this season...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I also enjoy doing some of the Christmas "chores" during the Christmas season. I could do them ahead of time but they aren't nearly as much fun. I've streamlined some things (like cards) but I have fun with some of the fuss and trouble.