Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Job Well Done

Now that I look at my hutch and see the beautifully shining crystal glasses, I can truly appreciate the beauty inside. Hard to believe that just hours ago I was cursing under my breath as I took each piece of stemware out (and boy, in 29 years of marriage, I have accumulated a lot of stemware!) and hand washed it, laying each piece on a heavy turkish towel to air dry without water spots. Then I carried each piece back into the dining room, carefully placing them on the diningroom table as I spritzed each mirror and glass door in said hutch and polished it to the shine that my mother would be proud of. Oh, how I pondered over placement of these items, to make them visually appealing, yet easy to maneuver - WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?@#$!#$

No comments: