Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ah, yes...

While I am TOO thrilled with all the wonderful improvements in my house, I am also tired of coming home to a construction site everyday. Whereas the outside is near completion (except for the landscaping which will wait until Spring), the inside has taken on a new look too! I have been assured that all will be complete in time for Sunday's gala - and although I have my doubts, I am choosing to believe my Mr. Wonderful and respond to his assurances with a simple smile - all the while thinking.... to be sitting in my comfortable chair, relaxing in front of a roaring fire, ah yes, I remember it well...

6 comments:

Angela said...

Why should your construction hell be over? Mine's not...and I didn't have half the issues you did!

Angela said...

They started mine the last week in August!!! Enough is enough! - (but the transformation is amazing)

Heidi said...

instead of flooring, I have plywood all over the place. I feel your pain. And yet, it is an improvement over my life in the big blue house and the construction hell that was for, um, three years!

Angela said...

THREE YEARS?!?! - you win.

Heidi said...

things take three years when you can't afford to have professionals do the work and your husband has to do it on weekends, evenings and holidays. to be fair, the entire house including the wiring needed to be renovated. the only two things we didn't do - roofing and siding. everything else you can imagine - yes, we replaced it or renovated it or repaired it. that's life when you have only sweat equity.

Angela said...

Hey, we had no money either when my kids were growing up!