Monday, November 13, 2006

The Big City

Had a wonderful, though exhausting, day yesterday. A change in plans put me in Manhattan with my daughter; my granddaughter, Ally; and her best friend, Olivia. We took the girls to an authentic Italian Panini Place for lunch (I am ruined for life, can never eat Paninis on Long Island again) - oh yeah, they shared a plate of linguine with pomodoro sauce. Trish and I also indulged in some of the best wine I've tasted in years. Then it was off to Carnegie Hall to see a Dan Zanes (who?) concert. The surprise guest was Natalie Merchant (that name I recognized). The girls had a ball, dancing in the aisles, clapping their hands, singing along... I was still savoring lunch! The girls were so well behaved, we treated them to a trip to FAO Schwartz where they danced on the giant piano (ala the movie, "BIG"). Trish bought a disposable camera to take pictures - those two are such hams! I bought them each a Raggedy Ann and Andy doll to commemorate our fantastic Halloween and then it was off to dinner - highly uneventful compared to lunch). We drove two sleeping beauties back to their haven on Long Island, leaving all the hustle and bustle of the city behind us. I was in bed before Trish got down the block! I am looking forward to going back to the city after all the decorations are in place...

No comments: