Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Re-Cap

OK, it wasn't terrible. We ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant and everyone was in a good mood. I guess that counts for something. (In other words, it was wonderful, I was worried for nothing!)

We all came back to Guga and Papa's house for dessert. We played an impromptu, make believe softball game in the yard with Ally, Adam, Aunt Wendy, Guga and Papa - even Chip joined in for a couple innings! Papa even put together Ally and Ava's playhouse. Ava and Ally enjoyed their "child-sized" glider and most of the women folk enjoyed my new glider.

Everyone was gone by 8 and Papa and Bobby helped clean up - (What A Mess!!) - I re-read all my beautiful cards and rearranged all my gorgeous bouquets of flowers. Mr. Wonderful surprised me with a most beautiful pocketbook and Trisha and Chip bought me a matching wallet. So extravagant, so unnecessary - so thoughtful.

As you know, I had my reservations (no pun intended) about eating dinner out on a holiday - but, I have to admit, it was pretty nice and I DID thoroughly enjoy the afternoon in the yard AND I was not too tired to play along. I will not put up a fight should anyone suggest doing this again next year!!

No comments: