Thursday, May 10, 2007

You call this a Holiday Dinner??

Sunday is MY holiday. I love Mother's Day - it gives my kids a chance to send those great cards that make me cry.

I cook for all the holidays and everyone comes to my house. This year we will be doing something different. This year, we are going to a restaurant for Mother's Day. Already, I don't like it. What kind of holiday is it going to be sitting in a restauant for 2 hours and then everyone going home - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??? I like it when people start showing up around noon and we eat all day and play with the kids. I like it when the kids critique eachother over dinner - when the guys solve all the problems of the world over dessert. I LOVE it when Ally requests to sit next to me and when Ava yells, "GUGA" from her high chair. I love handing out all the leftovers to the kids to take home.

Everyone thinks this will be nicer - to sit and be served - to have no mess, no fuss, no bother. I beg to differ - I like the mess, I like to fuss over them all, it is no bother to have them all visit me.

Hopefully, we will all hate this restaurant thing and never have to do it again on a holiday.

3 comments:

Angela said...

If the restaurant sucks, you can always show up here...BBQ in the backyard. Going shopping at the Amish market today for the food. Gotta love some good grillers.

Angela said...

Thanks for the kind invite! Wish you didn't live so far :-(

Heidi said...

at least you are doing something special. I'll probably be staining the fence. :(

Happy Mother's Day in advance to the #1 Guga!!!