Monday, October 08, 2007

Are they the same?

I have recently been accused of treating one of my children "differently" from the others. Before I address this with said offspring, I question myself, "Do I treat them all the same?"

Honest answer? How can I possibly treat them all the same? They are all different people with different needs. I am a mother. I give my children all of what they need and some of what they want.

New dilemma - how do I convey that to said child? What does this child perceive their siblings getting from me that is different from what they receive? Is this my problem or is it the child's problem? (the child being a grown adult at this time)

I am putting the question out there presuming someone else may have the answer...

4 comments:

anonymous said...

Since when do you need advice on how to raise your kids?

anonymous said...

If you can't tell your kids apart, then they are the same. If you can....then they are different.

Angela said...

so then what is it when someone else can't tell your kids apart???

Matriarch said...

I have news for all of you - all kids are DIFFERENT. You treat them all the equally not the same.