Thursday, November 08, 2007

Can I quit?

Had a thought - ran it by a cousin - Is it possible to quit the job of "parent"? - She said no - I'm still thinking about it.

No one told me that the job could get harder as the offspring aged. I was under the impression that it was supposed to get easier! (HA HA HA)

No one told me it would cost as much as it does. I thought the older they got, the more independent/less needy they became.

Someone forgot to mention that they can cause so much marital stress - Thank goodness Mr. Wonderful agrees with me most of the time (or else he would have a different name!)

Doesn't every job have paid holidays and vacations? Then why do mine always COST me so much money??? ...and another thing - I am pretty sure there is no pension plan with this job, either!

I think I might have to dust off my resume - There's got to be better offers out there, somewhere! In the meantime, I will continue to show up for work, everyday - I'll let you know if something better comes along...

3 comments:

Michael said...

Parenthood is a life-long job. Some are not fortunate enough to even have the blessing to incur such a "job". Then there are those who are fortunate, but never really reap the full benefits. You are lucky enough to not only be a wonderful mother/friend to 5 children (6 if you include "Mr. Wonderful")but the opportunity to be a GUGA of 2 amazing girls, which is more than most people will ever have the chance in their lives. If I can give one piece of advice; your "expenses" can best be looked as investments into your children’s' future. Whether it be college, apartments, laptops or miscellaneous funding of your children’s' endeavors, you must always look at it as YOU and only YOU are giving your children the opportunities’ of a lifetime and you continue to follow what you have always preached to us, "If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish ANYTHING" Everyday this is becoming more and more evident; Your daughter has been able to relocate all throughout Florida with your support to find her niche in life. Your youngest, you have given the support in the greatest way possible (Freedom of Choice with no pressure) and as for your other son, (which I think takes after you the most), continually looks for the best possible scenario to make the most of any situation that is presented. Never forget the amazing job you have done, and will continue to do for years to come. LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!!!!!

Angela said...

Nicey worded. HOWEVER, I think you are MOST like your father! Love you.

Matriarch said...

Hooray for Michael! I think you set your mom straight. It is a job that not everyone is rewarded with as richly as your mom and I.