Monday, November 26, 2007

Let's go to ACE

About 3 weeks ago I purchased a pre-lit, 4 foot, 3 dimensional snowman for our front yard. It is also motorized, as he continually tips his hat. It was simply adorable, and I HAD to have it. I purchased it on-line at a HUGE discount ($10.99 with free shipping). I saw the same snowman at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $58!! I have been staring at the box since it arrived, anticipating the moment after we assembled it and plugged it in.

I FINALLY talked Mr. Wonderful into opening the box this weekend. Much to my dismay, it was a nightmare to assemble. I should have known, as this 4 foot wonder fit into a box no larger than a 24" square! After an hour of grumbling and fumbling with all the lights, we plugged it in - first the motor - it was great, he was tipping his hat at just the right speed. Now the lights - The good news? his hat, head and arms, and lower torso are working just fine. The bad news? His middle area just refuses to work! UGH! - WHY DIDN'T WE PLUG THEM IN PRIOR TO ATTACHING THEM TO THE METAL FRAME??!!?!?!

After reading the insert, which was carefully tucked into the folded bottom of the box, we realized we had 2 options - take off all the lights and send them back to the manufacturer for a replacement set - OR go buy some lights and get it done NOW.

As I mentioned in the past, Mr. W is retired and his definition of NOW is MUCH different than MY definition of NOW. I would have gone to ACE and purchased the lights immediately (my definition of NOW). Mr. W. has reassured me that he will go buy the replacement set of lights real soon (his definition of NOW).

My Holiday spirit is at ACE Hardware - so much for my bargain priced snowman. Hopefully, NOW will happen sooner than later...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Dear Angela,

I came across your blog today and found it quite enjoyable. I write for Shakadoo.com and wrote a post about your site. I linked your "Let's Go To Ace" in the post. You can find it here: http://www.loveshakbaby.com/2007/12/holiday-decorat.html.

The Love Shak Baby weblog is designed to promote blogs covering issues like family, nurseries, upsizing, mommy blogs, working from home, parenting and the list goes on. If there is anything that I can do to help in the promotion of your blog, please let me know.



Thank you,

Kelly Baxter

Shakadoo.com

Angela said...

Kelly
Thanks for your kind words. Send the readers! The more the merrier!
Angela