Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Everybody's Knight

To my faithful readers who do not know, my mom was recently released from the hospital too weak to be sent home. Her choices were rehab or my house. I chose my house. True, I work full time. But, in my heart, I knew she would get better care at my house than in the best of rehabs anywhere.

This is where the Knight comes in. Mr. Wonderful, still recuperating from his disasterous illness, has the responsibility of overseeing his mother-in-law's care while I am at work. Granted, they are both late sleepers (could easily sleep 'til 11 or 12) and I do get home by 4:15 - but none the less - he is in charge until I get home. I don't know too many men who would take on this responsibility when they are feeling 100% - my Mr. Wonderful did not bat an eye when the question came up as she was to be released. "Of course she will come here."

My only fear... he will make it too comfortable and she will never want to leave!

1 comment:

Matriarch said...

Don't worry. She'll leave. Who but Mr. W could ever live with you voluntarily?