Friday, March 21, 2008

No Fashion Police Necessary

After being berated and belittled for going to the boutique too close to the wedding date, the nice saleslady took pity on me when she found out I had to wear pink! She then led me into the 'special room' (i.e. dresses cost twice as much here) and proceeded to pull out every pink dress in the room and push me into a dressing room with a pile of dresses like you wouldn't believe!

I stood for a while staring at the walls just covered with every shade of pink imaginable. Some were covered in lace, some looked like coffin lining. Some were just awful shades of pink. BUT, hidden behind all the hideous dresses was the perfect dress. It is the perfect color - not too pink, not too mauve, not too anything. Of course, they only carry one size and I must bring it back in 2 weeks to pay an exorbitant amount for alterations - BUT WHO CARES! I WILL NOT LOOK LIKE A GIANT BALOGNA WALKING DOWN THE AISLE!!

2 comments:

Rufus' Mom said...

rather look like a bologna than Little Bo Peep.....and the dress is lovely! You will look terrific in it!

AND! I told you where you can go for reasonable alterations!

Angela said...

Definitely try to go to a tailor's/dry cleaners to get it altered. They charge a fraction of the cost of the shops and they do a great job.